Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Asiago Tomato Tart

I hope you had a great long weekend!  I know that a lot of people out there are really sad every time Labor Day comes around, but I for one, cannot wait for fall and winter!
I love wearing jeans and jackets and vests!  Oh, I really love vests!  I do not love sweat running into my eyes.  I don't love sunburns and I hate being hot when I sleep.
Of course, there are some things that I will miss about summer.  Good tomatoes are at the top of that list.
ASIAGO TOMATO TART
1 large onion, sliced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 sheet puff pastry
1 c. asiago cheese, shredded
~1 c. cherry tomatoes
fresh thyme
salt & pepper
1 egg + 1 Tbsp. water (beat together with fork to make egg wash)

1.  Pour olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and cook until caramelized.

2.  Unroll puff pastry onto a greased/parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Fold up 1/2" around edges to make a crust.

3.  Spread cheese onto center of puff pastry.  Top with tomatoes, onions, thyme and salt & pepper.

4.  Brush folded up part of puff pastry with egg wash.

5.  Bake in 400˚ oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And it was :) Aren't the tomatoes pretty too!?

      Delete
  2. This looks so delicious. The perfect end of summer, heading towards fall food. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola! Another benefit is that it is super easy to make!

      Delete

Blogging tips