Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Black Bean & Corn Quinoa Salad

Lately, we've been busy.  Nothing too stressful, just people staying with us, us staying with people.  Appointments to go to, phone calls to make, jobs to apply to.  Meals to cook, pictures to take, laundry to fold.
All the normal stuff.  

To keep myself organized and more importantly, to give myself some feeling of progress I make to-do lists.  Every day.  It's the first thing I do while I'm drinking my coffee.  And it's tempting to make that to-do list take up multiple pages and let it get way out of hand. 
There aren't many feelings better than completing an entire list, checking off each task, and getting to start the next day fresh.  
So, for that reason, I put easy stuff on the list too.  It's a mixture of 5-minute chores and 5-hour chores.  
Last Wednesday, "Picnic" was on the list.  It was one of the easy assignments.  We had to eat dinner anyway, it might as well have been outside.  

It's pretty easy to be busy, it's definitely harder to relax.  Picnicking brings the relaxation back into the picture and relaxation brings the sanity.  It's a win-win situation.  
BLACK BEAN & CORN QUINOA SALAD
1 c. quinoa, cooked
1 can black beans
1 can whole corn
1 green pepper, chopped
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
juice from 1 orange
1/4 c. olive oil
Salt & Pepper

1.  In a large mixing bowl, combine veggies, beans and quinoa.

2.  Mix together orange juice and olive oil.  Pour over quinoa, stir to combine.  Add salt & pepper to taste.

2 comments:

  1. It's looked down upon if you aren't busy enough...I think people are just jealous. That's why I get all kinds of snide looks and remarks about reading too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably onto something there! I wouldn't ever feel bad about keepin' sharp though!

      Delete

Blogging tips