Friday, September 7, 2012

Cucumber Melon Fizzy

I think someone has hacked Pinterest because for some reason all that's showing up is Thanksgiving recipes and Christmas decorations.  Apparently they got to Costco too, because when you walk through those doors you are instantly bombarded with giant stuffed reindeer and Christmas ornaments.
It is still September, right?  Early september even!?

I know that Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer but when did we start jumping from summer to winter?  I was pretty sure there was another season in there!  One of the best seasons, arguably.  
Anyway, once I fought my way through the tinsel and the fake firs, I made it to the (bags of) cantaloupe and (3-foot long) cucumbers.

CUCUMBER MELON FIZZY
2 thick slices cucumber
1/3 c. melon
1 tsp. agave
1 1/2 oz. vodka
club soda
cucumber slice for garnish

1.  In a large glass, muddle cucumber, melon and agave.  Strain into a tumbler filled with ice.

2.  Add vodka and top off with club soda.  Stir to combine.  Garnish with slice of cucumber.

*Makes 1 serving

4 comments:

  1. I agree, fall is arguably the best season. It's getting nice here....good sleeping weather and brisk mornings. (Using the word brisk made me think of Donnie and Jeffrey and the iced tea)

    Also, this drink sounds tasty. See you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's starting to cool down here too...finally! I do remember that Brisk Iced Tea conversation - I think it was a conversation that lasted about 3 years! Can't wait to see you and eat some Casa D'Angelos :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh. I am loving this recipe! I will definitely have to try this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips