Thursday, January 1, 2015

365: The End

This is it.  My last 365 post of 2014. Some of the pictures have definitely been less than perfect, some were blurry, some weren't even remotely appealing.  But still, I did it.

Some days it was hard to find the beauty in anything at all and other days I took dozens of pictures and had a hard time choosing my favorite.

This year, a lot of stuff happened and I captured it all.  Austin and I got engaged and married.  I became an aunt.  Started a new job.  Moved.  Ran a half marathon, biked, climbed, hiked and snowboarded.  I spent a lot of time with Dingo, Austin, family and friends.  I dipped my toes in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.  I got to go to NASA.  I rode in a hot air balloon and learned to fly fish.  We brewed a lot of beer, drank a lot of cocktails and made a lot of food.  I noticed amazing sunsets.  We paid off my car and cut down our first Christmas tree.  It was a really good year.

December 29 | Day 1 of salt free bread making.
December 30 | Day 2 of salt free bread making.
December 31 | Me, my sisters and little Hank.

This is the second year that I've done a photo a day challenge and it's become a habit, but a habit that I'm going to break now.

That doesn't mean I'll stop taking photos and that doesn't mean I'll stop sharing pictures (and videos!) of my everyday life here, it just means I'm going to give myself some slack.  I'm going to make it more effortless.  When I see something that I want to photograph, I will, and if it's 11:55 p.m. one night and I haven't pulled my camera out yet, I'm not going to panic.  I'll just go to bed.

For those of you who have said that you like these posts the best, thank you!  You've kept me motivated throughout the past 2 years, and you will keep me motivated to post more than just recipes in 2015!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips