Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy Hour: New York Sour

For Christmas, I got 3 or 4 new cocktail books which was really exciting.  It made me think that I should do a cocktail a day and document it here.  It would still take me years to get through all of the drinks in these books.

It could definitely be fun...but I decided against it anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it would be educational and enjoyable and all of that, but at the same time, some nights I like to just have a beer or something else.  Something like water.

Sometimes I like to go to the gym at night and I don't think I should be lifting weights while intoxicated.

It basically came down to a logistics issue.

Right now, I try to experiment with mixology at least 1x a week.  This week's experiment was very successful.  Easy to drink, but strong and very pretty with the red wine float.
NEW YORK SOUR
2 oz. rye whiskey
1 oz. lemon juice
1 oz. simple syrup
1/4 oz. red wine
lemon slice, for garnish

1.  Fill a rocks glass with ice.

2.  Pour in whiskey, lemon juice and simple syrup.  Stir to combine.

3.  Place a spoon over the top of the drink then slowly pour the wine over the back of the spoon to create a float.  Garnish with lemon slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips