Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy Hour: The Bronx

The Bronx Cocktail | Call Me Fudge
You're probably familiar with the Manhattan, right?  But did you know that there is actually a drink named after each of the boroughs in New York?  Yeah, me neither.

I've been to New York a couple of times, but haven't ventured outside of the very touristy areas of Manhattan.  So basically, I have no idea what the city is really like.

I also have no idea why this drink is associated with the Bronx.  It doesn't exactly fit the image of the Bronx that I have built up in my head, but then again, that's just based on...well, nothing.
The Bronx Cocktail | Call Me Fudge
It's based on nothing.

So maybe this drink actually is what people in the northern borough sit around drinking all day.  I don't know!  All I know is that this is basically a gin martini with a splash of orange juice that adds only the subtlest of flavors and really I have to assume it was added to the recipe for color.
The Bronx Cocktail | Call Me Fudge

THE BRONX
2 oz. gin
1/4 oz. dry vermouth
1/4 oz. sweet vermouth
1 oz. orange juice
orange slice and/or maraschino cherry, for garnish

1.  Fill a rocks glass with ice.

2.  Pour in all ingredients and mix to combine.  Garnish with an orange slice and/or maraschino cherry on a pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips