Monday, March 31, 2014

Carrot Pineapple Smoothie

When the weather starts to get nicer, I naturally start to gravitate towards bright, fresh foods and away from heavy, bulky foods.  I think everyone does right?  I'm not so sure that this is just because more fresh vegetables and fruits are coming into season.  I think it really has to do with me wanting to pretend like winter is over.  

When I drink a bright, fruity smoothie, I can easily pretend like I am sitting on the beach somewhere, digging my toes into the sand with the sun on my face.  When I eat chicken noodle soup, it's harder to make that dream feel realistic.  
Drinking smoothies with vegetables in them makes me think for a second that I might actually be able to successfully complete a juice cleanse.  Then I remember that I like bread too much.  But for a second, the thought is there!  

If you're turned off by a smoothie that has a carrot in it, please don't be.  It is still sweet and fruity from the pineapple and you'll look really trendy sipping on it after your hot yoga class.  Trust me on this one.
CARROT PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE
1/2 c. carrot
3/4 c. fresh pineapple
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1/2 banana
1 c. ice

1.  In a blender, combine all ingredients.  Blend until smooth.  Garnish with a piece of pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips