Friday, March 21, 2014

Malibu Bay Breeze

It's officially spring!  I know some of you have had a rough winter but for us here in Utah, it's kind of felt like spring for months now.  Which, believe it or not, is not really a good thing for us, especially for a ski town like Park City.

The snow conditions have been pretty miserable (I swear there's been more rain than snow), but I'm fine with that.  I am ready for spring and summer!  I can't wait to pull out my Tevas again, go hiking in the afternoons, eat dinner outside, and generally enjoy the sunshine.
I remember last fall feeling really excited for winter.  I dreamt about snowboarding and snowshoeing;  I could envision myself throwing snowballs to Dingo, and now I'm over it.  It makes me wonder if I'll ever be content with the season I'm in.  Right now, I want summer bad, but I know when it gets really hot, I'll be praying for crisp fall evenings.

I should really practice being content.  I'll start with this springy cocktail!

MALIBU BAY BREEZE
1 1/2 oz. coconut rum
2 oz. cranberry juice
2 oz. pineapple juice
pineapple for garnish

1.  Fill a highball glass with ice.

2.  Pour rum, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice over ice and stir to combine.

3.  Garnish with pineapple pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips