Friday, February 7, 2014

Salted Honey Popcorn

I don't remember if I told you this already or not, but my first job in high school was at the local movie theater.  I had to wear XXL t-shirts that advertised upcoming movies (like Fat Albert, just as one example).  I had to wear a baseball cap inside always.
And, I had to upsell.  If you don't know what upselling is, basically it's when the little acne-ridden kid getting your popcorn asks you if, "for just $0.25 more, you'd like to make that a large?"  You give in, walking with your tub of popcorn and bucket of Coke to your seat.  Then, you eat all of that popcorn and drink all of that soda and leave the theater with a tummyache :)

I pretty much hated that job.  The perks were minimal, the hours were not conducive to having a social life, and every night I left smelling like oil, popcorn, and "butter."  There was a pretty long period when I just couldn't eat any more popcorn.  Looking at it kind of made me sick to my stomach.
Things have changed though.  Now, I could eat it as a replacement for meals.  Now, I'm trying to find new ways to dress up the stuff just in case I ever get sick of good ol' butter and salt.  Salted Honey Popcorn tastes a lot like kettle corn but it's a little easier to make and it tastes more like honey, less like sugar (duh!).


SALTED HONEY POPCORN
1/2 c. popcorn kernels
oil (I use coconut oil)
4 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. honey
sea salt to taste

1.  Cook the popcorn in oil.

2.  Melt butter.  Stir in honey to incorporate, then add sea salt to taste.

3.  Pour honey butter over popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips