Friday, February 21, 2014

Jalapeño Popper Dip

You know what I like?

Instant gratification.

I like mixing up some ingredients, putting them in the oven, and then eating it.  There's very little waiting around.
In my 26 extremely wise years, I've learned that not everyone's as into this as I am.  Some people like to procrastinate.  Well, I don't know if they like to, but they do it anyway.  In some ways maybe that's a good thing.  You get to do what you want.  Now.  I just couldn't deal with the stress of putting things off though.

It's already stressing me out that I haven't done my taxes yet.  I got my W2s like 3 weeks ago now!
So, if you're like me, this recipe is for you.  Jalapeño popper dip won't leave you hanging.  You'll know exactly what's going on as it starts to heat up and brown in the oven.  The smell will tell you when it's getting close to being done.  You'll know the whole process from the very beginning all the way to the end.  And that whole 'process' only takes about 35 minutes.  Plus, in the end, you get the reward!
JALAPEÑO POPPER DIP
Recipe from Taste of Home
16 oz. (2 packages) cream cheese, softened
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 - 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
2 - 4 oz. cans diced jalapeños
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
crackers & chips to dip

1.  Beat together cream cheese, mayo, cheddar cheese, green chiles and jalapeños.  Stir in 1/4 c. of the parmesan cheese.  Spread into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.

2.  In a small bowl, mix together remaining 1/4 c. parmesan, bread crumbs and olive oil.  Sprinkle over the top of the dip.

3.  Bake at 350˚ for 25-30 minutes (until the top gets nice and golden brown).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips