Friday, February 28, 2014

Parmesan Pepper Popcorn

The Oscars are this weekend which is something that quite frankly I'm a little surprised I even know about.  Even when I worked at a movie theater, I never knew anything about what movies and actors were nominated.  Now, I've managed to know even less about them.
This year, all that I know about the nominations, I learned from reading the Skimm this morning.  Do you get their daily email?  If not, you definitely should.  Most of the time, it's the only reason I know anything about the news (Utah's not so into reporting on the world...or the facts).

If you watch the Oscars and the nominated movies every year, then you're probably much more apt to have a viewing party, in which case, you need some food.  And what movie-centered event would be complete without popcorn?
PARMESAN PEPPER POPCORN
1/2 c. unpopped popcorn
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
4 Tbsp. butter
1 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper, to taste

1.  In a heavy stockpot, or a popcorn popper, pop the popcorn in coconut oil.

2.  Melt butter and pour over hot popcorn, shaking/mixing well to evenly distribute.

3.  While the popcorn and butter is still warm, toss in the cheese, salt and pepper to distribute evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips