Thursday, June 20, 2013

S'mores Brownies

I get a little crazy sometimes.  Just sitting at my desk, my heart will speed up and feel like it's going to bounce out of my ribcage.  I get this overwhelming feeling that I have to get away.  It feels like a life or death situation (exaggerate much?).

Usually, a quick trip up into the mountains for the weekend is all I need to cure me.  Staring into a fire, breathing fresh air, sleeping under the stars, that's it - pretty simple.
So this weekend, I'm getting out.  Only one problem.  There is a fire ban across the entire state.  I mean, I don't want to be the cause of another few hundred homes being destroyed, but I would love to come home smelling like campfire with melted marshmallow fused into my shirtsleeves.
Cooking s'mores over a stove just isn't the same.  Cooking s'mores into your brownies isn't quite the same either, but it's different in a good way.  Basically, it means more chocolate, it's easier to eat, and it still has the perfect flavor combination.  So when you forced to make do, this recipe isn't really much of a sacrifice, after all.


S'MORES BROWNIES
1/2 c. butter
2 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 sleeve graham crackers +/-
2 c. mini marshmallows

1.  Melt butter and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan.

2.  Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar.  Whisk in eggs, one at a time.  Add vanilla.

3.  Stir in flour and salt.

4.  Pour half the batter into a greased 9x13" pan.  Break graham crackers into quarters, layer over the batter (you will have some remaining, keep those to crumble and sprinkle on the top).  Sprinkle 1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows on top.  Cover with remaining brownie batter.

5.  Bake at 325˚ for 35 minutes, sprinkle remaining 1/2 c. mini marshmallows and reserved crushed graham crackers on top.  Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... These sound amazing!Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're really easy to make too...not quite as easy as s'mores, but definitely worth it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gage - you and Lexie need to start putting together your menu for while you're here!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I don't have any special tricks, so I promise yours will look just as good :)

      Delete
  4. I love the smell of campfire too :) but these smore brownies are a good substitute to the real smore thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, Jennie! Maybe we'll get some rain soon and then I can have my cake and eat it too! Thanks for the RT, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips