Friday, June 28, 2013

Long Island Iced Tea

A couple years ago (has it been that long?), Austin and I drove from Washington DC to Long Island to visit my BFF, Julia.  We paid our 1000's of dollars in tolls, and we dealt with the traffic of DC, Baltimore, and New York - I'm not going to lie, it was a hassle.  A hassle that was totally worth it!  Not only is the little 'village' of Stony Brook beautiful, I don't think I had laughed that hard for years and I know I haven't since then.

Most of our laughter stemmed from watching the people stream out of the bars trying to hail a cab.  Julia's apartment was right on main street so we had pretty prime seating for spectating.

The most entertaining group was 4 or 5 guys, all of whom were wearing khaki cargo shorts, dancing on the side of the street.  They had some pretty crazy, unique moves.  One involved a booty-shaking move that would have made Beyonce proud.  I'll leave that up to your imagination.
I can't say for certain, but I'd guess they were doing a sort of, "when in Rome.." thing.  "When in Long Island, drink a lot of Long Island Iced Tea."  And I mean a lot.  I don't know what I was thinking when I was there, but I didn't even have one.  Maybe people in Long Island don't even drink this.  I can tell you who does though - me, the poolside version of me!


LONG ISLAND ICED TEA (serves 1)
3/4 oz. tequila
3/4 oz. vodka
3/4 oz. triple sec
3/4 oz. gin
3/4 oz. light rum
1 oz. sour mix
cola

1.  Combine alcohol and sour mix in a highball over ice.  Top with cola.

2 comments:

  1. mmmm one of my fave drinks of all times.. I liked the black Opal version.. you added a shot a Chambord to the mix...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! Deceptively strong though!!

      Delete

Blogging tips