Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tuna Fudge Dog Treats

You remember that Alanis Morisette song, "Ironic?"  If you don't - educate yourself on YouTube.  Do you also remember when that song came out and everyone was enjoying themselves singing along and then there was the smart kid who was like, "all the stuff that she's singing about: well, it's not really ironic, it's just unfortunate."  That was my sister.  
Here's the definition:
i·ron·ic Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, thus typically causing wry amusement.  

So you might find it ironic that my blog is titled "Call Me Fudge" and I have yet to post a recipe for fudge.  You might also find it ironic that the first time I do (today), the fudge is filled with canned tuna fish and is for dogs.
Maybe you don't.  Maybe you were the smart kid.  Maybe you're going to leave a comment telling me that I'm using the wrong adjective.   

So maybe I don't always know the right word for every situation and maybe I misspell things every once in a while, but I do know that you make these treats and you will have dogs flocking to you all over the dog park.  It's your job to figure out how to get them to stop jumping on you.


TUNA FUDGE DOG TREATS
Recipe from Food.com
2 - 6 oz. cans tuna (do not drain)
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese

1.  In a stand mixer, combine all ingredients.

2.  Spread into a greased 9x9" pan.  Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes.

3.  Cool, cut into 1 inch blocks.  

*Keep out just one at a time and freeze the rest.  When the fudge is at room temperature, it has the consistency of regular fudge (sorta) so you can pull off little pieces at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips