Monday, April 1, 2013

Hot Toddy

I remember back when we first moved to Utah.  I was 11.  It was April 1st and I thought I had come up with the best prank!  My family was out skiing for the day and I thought it would be funny if I pretended like I broke my wrist.  So I laid down in the middle of the run, called out over the walkie talkie and waited for my family to find me.  It wasn't funny...so I was told.

This year, I swear I am the one being punked.  And I'm not being punked by my sisters or Austin.  I am being punked by The Weather Channel.
Yesterday, it was 70 degrees and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, today they are calling for snow!  Again, this is not funny.  I keep waiting for them to issue an apology statement.  Telling us all, "we were just kidding and we realize we ruined many people's days because of our so-called joke."

In case they're not joking, here's this:


HOT TODDY
1 oz. bourbon
2 Tbsp. honey
squeeze lemon
Tea Bag (I used black tea)
hot water
cinnamon stick

1.  Combine bourbon, honey, lemon and tea bag in a mug.

2.  Pour hot water over the top.  Steep for 5 minutes.  Stir and garnish with cinnamon stick.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, just letting you know that your link to Food on Friday: Lemons and Limes was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips