Thursday, April 11, 2013

Greyhound

My dad introduced me to this very simple, yet very satisfying cocktail.  When I was home for Christmas, he had some grapefruit flavored vodka around (don't know where that came from), so he mixed one up.  I think I was drinking a beer at the time so I almost passed up taking a sip.  So glad I didn't.
First of all, I like drinks with names that don't give you any hint of what's in them.  When I hear "greyhound," I think dirty buses and unsafe places at night and I also think of fast dogs.  I don't think of vodka or grapefruit juice.  Never enters my mind.

Second of all, this is tasty and so easy to drink.  Enough said.
This is the type of drink that should be added to the list with mimosas and bloody mary's.  That's the list of cocktails that are acceptable to drink at breakfast.  And until I figure out the perfect recipe for my "breakfast beer" (I'm working really hard on it), we will have to settle for citrus/alcoholic beverages before 5:00.



GREYHOUND
5 oz. grapefruit juice
1.5 oz. vodka

1.  Stir well and serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips