Monday, April 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

My mom came out to visit us last week and I really loved having her here.  But now, she's gone.

The house feels emptier, the Dingo is missing her tug 'o war partner, and I'm feeling pretty homesick once again.  I love it when family comes to visit, but it always leaves me wanting to go back home more than ever.
In a couple of weeks, things will go back to normal.  But for right now, I need cookies.  They say you can't eat your emotions, but you can eat cookies.  And you know how songs can bring you right back to a specific time and place, well I think cookies can too.
Austin's grandma makes these peanut butter cup cookies every Christmas and as soon as I take a bite, I am transported back home, and I'm surrounded by family again.  It's kind of amazing what your taste buds are capable of.  You might not have a memory associated with these cookies, but you could make one!


PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
24 miniature Reese's Cups

1.  Beat together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar.  Add in egg and vanilla.

2.  Combine flour salt and baking soda.  Add to peanut butter mixture.  Mix until combined.

3.  Roll into 1 1/2" balls and place in a mini muffin tin.  Bake at 350˚ for 8-10 minutes (until just golden brown).

4.  While cookies are still hot, press 1 mini peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie.  Cool on wire rack.

6 comments:

  1. These are so delicious! I especially like them when they are still just a little warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little cups look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yolene, they are dangerous too! It's pretty much impossible not to eat the whole tray!

      Delete
  3. HI Sarah
    I've been reading all of your blogs. So enjoy your day to day
    activities. I haven't looked up the recipes yet.
    Love you both.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grandma,
      I'm so glad you've been stopping by! I hope the vegetable lasagna worked out well.
      Love you,
      Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips