Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spinach Salad w/Creamy Lemon Dressing

Sometimes I think I'm wired all wrong.  I go from making hot chocolate and brownies that are stuffed with chocolate and marshmallows and butter to eating a salad.

In the middle of summer, I'll get insatiable cravings for chili and pecan pie, but now that it's snowing, I want a big green salad with a light, refreshing, citrusy dressing.  It doesn't make sense, but I guess eating salads year-round can't be a bad thing right?
As long as eating salads all the time isn't bad, let's just go ahead and say that eating heavy carbs and sweets throughout the year also isn't bad.  Let's make that a new thing.  Everyone accepts it and then it's true right?  Like Wikipedia.
This dressing is tangy and light and creamy.  I know it seems impossible but it's because the creaminess comes from greek yogurt (or sour cream) instead of mayonnaise.

CREAMY LEMON DRESSING
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
lemon zest from 2 lemons
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. greek yogurt

1.  Whisk together lemon juice, zest, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.  Stir in olive oil until well-combined then add sour cream.  Transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. I am a latecomer I see! I plan on making this very soon and will gladly return to let you know much I intend on enjoying this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just made it and used it for a kale salad. it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear you liked it! Also, you just gave me a craving for a kale salad with creamy lemon dressing :)
      xoxo
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Gonna make it for Christmas eve....using it with a Greek salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making it for our our Christmas eve gathering...making a Greek salad! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait....which is better using sour cream or Greek yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly! I'm so sorry I missed your comments - I was taking some time off to spend Christmas with family and I wasn't checking comments. Either greek yogurt or sour cream would work. Personally, I prefer sour cream, but if you're looking for a healthier option, greek yogurt is the way to go. I hope you and your family enjoyed the salad!
      -Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips