Monday, October 15, 2012

Roasted Rosemary French Fries

French fries are really only good when they're crunchy and usually the only way to make them crunchy involves frying them (twice actually).  
Problem is, I am slightly afraid of heating up oil on the stove and I don't have a deep fryer.  In the past when I've put a big pot of oil on the stove, I haven't gotten to it early enough and before I know it, the house is full of smoke, alarms are going off, and I can't breathe. 
I know I could put a thermometer in the pot avoid this whole situation, but instead I opted for roasting my french fries and luckily, they ended up even crunchier than the fried version!

ROASTED ROSEMARY FRENCH FRIES
Recipe slightly adapted from Gwyneth Paltrow
4-5 potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
coarse sea salt
dried rosemary

1.  Slice potatoes and soak in cold water for 5-10 minutes.

2.  Toss potatoes with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and rosemary.

3.  Roast for 30-40 minutes at 450˚, flipping every ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips