Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Blogiversary + Overnight Smoothies

Today is Call Me Fudge's birthday!

For one year, I have been posting recipes, pictures, and pointless stories.  And for one year, you have been coming to see what I'm up to.

I am so grateful for all the times you have clicked on my site, pinned my recipes, liked my page, and generally shared your awesomeness with me!
Seeing as it's a big milestone for a food blog, you'd think I would have some super decadent dessert with cookie dough and chocolate and whipped cream, topped off with some candles.  But I don't.  Instead I have a somewhat unattractive smoothie.
Sure rich desserts are my favorite too, but this smoothie is pretty special.  It's special because you don't have to wake up everyone in your house early in the morning to make them, and they're also special because you can make them up to 3 days ahead of time (or more, if you freeze them).

Oh yeah, and they have chocolate!

OVERNIGHT SMOOTHIE (makes 1)
Recipe adapted from The Yummy Life
1/4 c. Uncooked Oats
1 1/2 tsp. Chia Seeds
1 c. milk
1 lg. banana (or 1 1/2 small)
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp. Cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1.  Blend oats and chia seeds until it forms a powder. *

2.  Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.

3.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

*You can also make a large batch of the oatmeal/chia mix by blending 2 1/4 c. oats and 1/4 c. + 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds.  Add 1/4 c. of this mixture to each smoothie.

1 comment:



  1. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog.
    An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.
    Heirloom seeds

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips