Friday, July 27, 2012

Tomato & Tequila

This may come as a surprise to some of you (not the ones who know me in real life), but there are a lot of nights when the last thing I want to do is make dinner.  Like a lot, a lot.
So instead of turning on the oven or cranking up the stove, I pour salsa into a little bowl and eat tortilla chips until I'm full.  

Maybe it's not the most healthy thing to do, but it is tasty!
This drink is like salsa in sippable form!  Perfect for when...I don't know...you run out of chips :)

TOMATO & TEQUILA
Recipe from Martha Stewart
1/3 c. tomato juice
2 oz. white tequila
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
ice
tobasco
fresh cilantro, for garnish

1.  Mix together tomato juice, tequila and lime juice.

2.  Add ice and a few spashes of tobasco.  Garnish with fresh cilantro.

4 comments:

  1. I tequila Bloody Mary - I love it! So simple and refreshing and so healthy with the tomato juice. :) I could easily have this for supper, but the hubby needs A LOT more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually preferred it to a bloody mary! Sorry you can't get away with just chips and salsa for dinner - I am sure that becomes even harder with kids!

      Delete
  2. Great post. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carole - I hope you'll keep coming back! Have a great week!

      Delete

Blogging tips