Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits

Remember back to a few weeks ago when I excitedly shouted that I now had internet and TV?  Well, that exclamation may have been a little bit premature.  While the TV sitch has not posed a problem thus far, the same cannot be said for our experiences with Century Link.
We have called their "help" desk in India which has yet to offer any help at all.  Someone has come out to our house to check the lines.  And still the blinking DSL light on the modem persists!
All of this has forced me to take refuge in the local Starbucks and steal their internet.

I heard that certain coffee shops are now thinking about discontinuing their free wifi because they are tired of the loiterers that buy one tall drip coffee for $1.45 and fill those seats for hours on their computer.
I agree.  That's pretty bad and it takes up space for new customers to come in and enjoy their coffee.

That's why I bought a grande latte for $3.35 instead.

Those 3 dollars and 35 cents allow me to share this recipe for delicious biscuits.  So, thanks Starbucks!
JALAPENO CHEDDAR BISCUITS
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. shortening
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
1 c. cheddar
1 jalapeño, diced

1.  Whisk together dry ingredients.

2.  Cut shortening into flour, using a fork or wire pastry blender.

3.  Pour in buttermilk all at once and mix until just combined.

4.  Stir in cheese and jalapeño.

5.  Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead in enough flour until dough is no longer sticky.

6.  Shape into a 1/2" thick square, and cut into 9 squares (or use a biscuit cutter).

7.  Bake at 450˚ for 20-25 minutes on an un-greased cookie sheet.

I recommend dipping them in this soup :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, these look awesome. I love your blog. Great recipes, photography, and layout! Sarah from The Ease of Freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I love your blog as well! I hope you'll come back often (and keep posting delicious recipes on your site!)

      Delete

Blogging tips