Thursday, July 19, 2012

Banana Blueberry Smoothie

Here's the cure to my summer rut.

Fruit smoothies, my new bathing suit, and a camping trip this weekend are going to be the perfect antidote.
Smoothies are the perfect summertime treat, because I don't know about you, but I personally don't want to turn on the oven.  I'm sure in the winter it will be nice to bake something and have the entire house rise 10˚, but right now, I don't need that.  Right now I need fruit blended with ice.
BANANA BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
1 banana
1 c. blueberries
2 tsp. honey
dash cinnamon
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1 c. ice

1.  Blend together until smooth.

*Makes 2 large smoothies.

6 comments:

  1. Totally trying this one! Rob and I make smoothies all the time, but they're all beginning to taste the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! The cinnamon makes this one a little more unique, and you could definitely add some whey or soy protein to it too for after your runs!

      Delete
  2. This week on Food on Friday, we are collecting ideas for using bananas. Would you be happy to link this in? Here is the link .
    PS I found this via Chef in Training

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to link up! Thanks for inviting me!

      Delete
    2. thanks. If you pop back in a while I am sure there will be a fantastic collection of all things banana. Cheers

      Delete
    3. Yes! I will definitely be checking back to see what everyone else has cooked up :)

      Delete

Blogging tips