Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I feel like my summer is slipping away from me.  It's already mid-July and I haven't even gone camping!  We roasted marshmallows over our grill the other day, but that's not really the same thing at all.  Plus our graham crackers were soggy.  It wasn't working.
We've ridden bikes, worn shorts, hiked and climbed, but it still doesn't feel like we're taking full advantage of the long days and warm nights.  

Maybe I'm not eating enough fruit.  Fruit makes it feel like summer.  You know what doesn't make it feel like summer?  Soup and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
And yet, that's all that I have wanted to cook.  I guess it's my own fault.  

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. milk
3 c. oats
1 c. raisins
1.  Sift together dry ingredients.  

2.  Cut in shortening; add sugar, eggs, vanilla and about half of the milk.  Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.

3.  Fold in remaining milk and the oats.  Stir in raisins.

4.  Drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 375˚ for 11-13 minutes.

Makes 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips