Friday, December 5, 2014

Happy Hour: Spiked Ginger Apple Cider

The week following a holiday is always the worst week you'll ever have at work.

Even if nothing bad happens there, you've had a taste of what it'd be like to sleep in, not shower, watch movies all day and generally do nothing for an extended period of time.
So, when you have to go back to work - it's hard.

This week was hard.  Hard to stay motivated.  Hard to wake up at 5:30 each morning.  Hard to get to the gym.  Just hard.  Quite frankly, I had my doubts that Friday was ever going to come.

I don't know if I've truly understood the meaning behind the acronym TGIF, but I get it today.

SPIKED GINGER APPLE CIDER (serves 1)
1 oz. bourbon
2 oz. apple cider
2 oz. ginger ale
apple slice for garnish or cinnamon stick

1.  Fill a highball glass with ice.  Pour bourbon, cider and ginger ale over the top.  Stir to combine.  Garnish with apple slice or cinnamon stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips