Wednesday, December 10, 2014

7 Christmas Cookie Recipes

When we were little and would go up to the farm every year for Christmas, everyone brought cookies.  There were way too many to ever fit in the fridges or even on the counter and tabletops, so they all stayed outside on the screened-in porch.

You had to go brave the cold in your socks to get one.  We were pretty brave though.  We would eat every single caramel cup before Christmas day.  

My parents, grandparents, great-grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins and sisters all knew that I was making frequent trips to that side of the house, but even still, I was pretty sneaky, so I don't think anyone really knows just how many I ate.

I still love Christmas cookies but now I don't have to sneak them.  Takes some of the fun out of it to be totally honest with you.  Maybe I'll recapture some of that childhood Christmas magic if I start stuffing cookies in my pockets this year!
1. Vanilla Bean Snickerdoodles
2. Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
3. Lemon Glazed Ginger Cookies
4. Pecan Fingers
5. Molasses Cookies
6. Frosted Sugar Cookies
7. Chocolate Chip Meringues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips