Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Hour: Pomegranate Rosemary Vodka Tonic

I always wanted to be one of those people who had a signature drink.  Something I'd get every time I went out to the bar or had a drink with dinner.  That way whenever the waiter or bartender asked for my order, I'd have it at the ready.  

And it'd sound cool when I ordered.  Every early 20-something drinking their rum and coke would be super jealous.  It couldn't be anything frilly.  No soda.  No juice.  No Redbull. 
After years of experimenting, I settled on a vodka tonic with lemon about a year ago.  It's not exactly the most impressive drink, but it's not the most embarrassing one either.  

So, to spruce up my favorite go-to cocktail for Christmas, I added some fresh pomegranate juice (I know, I said no juice, but this is a special circumstance) and rosemary and it is soooo good!  The pomegranate juice is really more for color and festiveness than anything else, but you can really taste the muddled rosemary.  

People will definitely be impressed if you shake some of these up on Christmas Eve!
POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY VODKA TONIC
1/4 c. pomegranate seeds
1/2 sprig rosemary
2 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. simple syrup
tonic water
pomegranate seeds & rosemary sprig for garnish

1.  In a shaker, muddle the pomegranate seeds and half a sprig of rosemary (removed from stem).

2.  Add in vodka and simple syrup and shake with ice.

3.  Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.  Top off with tonic water.  Garnish with pomegranate seeds and a sprig of rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips