Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze

Ok, I might pretend that I'm not into the whole pumpkin craze, but...

I'm a liar.

Basically, that's it.  I actually love pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bars and even those candy corn that are shaped like pumpkins.
I've only had roasted pumpkin seeds once but those were addicting too!

Sorry, I'm such a liar.  I'll make it up to you with this pumpkin bread dripping with cream cheese glaze.  How's that?  Let's not mention my misguided posts of the past, k?
PUMPKIN BREAD w/CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
3 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2/3 c. water
1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
For the Cream Cheese Glaze
4 oz. cream cheese
2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

1.  Beat together sugar, vegetable oil and eggs.  Set aside.

2.  Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.  Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.

3.  Stir in water and pumpkin puree.

4.  Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans then bake at 350˚ for 55-60 minutes.

5.  Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes in pans then turn out onto a wire rack.

6.  While the bread is cooling, make your glaze by whisking all ingredients together (adjust amounts as needed after taste-testing and checking for consistency - it should be slightly runny).

7.  Pour glaze over completely cooled loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips