Monday, October 27, 2014

Butternut Squash & Fried Sage Panini

When you go to a restaurant, do you order the same thing you always get or do you try something new each time?

I fall somewhere in between.  I'll definitely try out new stuff from time to time, but if something was good, I'm gonna go back for more too.

I've never understood how people can eat the exact same things over and over again.  From time to time, I'll get in a rut where I find myself eating the same thing for breakfast for a few weeks straight, but that's about where it stops.
For the most part, I like to try new foods (even though it means there will be failures) and mix those meals in with the classic standbys (spaghetti and hamburgers).

If I never experimented with my food, I would have never had crispy sage.  If I'd never had crispy sage, I don't know if my life ever would have felt complete.

It's that good.

Especially when you pair it with some smokey provolone cheese and sweet butternut squash melted between two slices of golden toasted french bread.

So good!

BUTTERNUT SQUASH & FRIED SAGE PANINI
french bread
smoked provolone cheese
butternut squash, cooked
fresh sage
butter
salt & pepper

1.  In a small skillet, melt about 1 Tbsp. butter and fry the fresh sage with some salt and pepper until crispy.  Set aside.

2.  Assemble the sandwiches.  On a slice of french bread, layer a piece of provolone cheese and butternut squash then pour the sage/butter/s&p over the top.  Top with another piece of provolone and a second slice of bread.

3.  Butter the outsides of the bread and grill until golden and the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips