Monday, July 7, 2014

Superfood Smoothie

Last week, I started a new job.  So now, I'm pretty much a professional blogger, tweeter, and facebooker for a health and wellness company.

I really like to eat healthy foods and feel good and have energy and all that good stuff...but I also like hamburgers and milkshakes which unfortunately don't make me feel so hot or give me energy.

Actually, on my second day of work, I left to get a Crown Burger (basically a cheeseburger topped with a ton of pastrami).  Nothing's felt quite so wrong as sneaking out of a health and wellness company to get a pile of grease topped with more grease.  I did resist the shake and fries though, so that's something.
All smoothies feel like you're doing your body a favor, but this particular concoction is so good for you it almost feels like you can undo that cheeseburger...almost.  It's loaded with fresh fruits that boost your immune system, probiotics to help with digestion, and flax seed oil for joint health and circulation.  In a few words: it's good for you.

SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE (makes 1 giant smoothie, or 2 small ones)
1 apple
1 banana
5 strawberries
1 c. ice
1/2 c. strawberry kefir*
1 Tbsp. tart cherry juice*
1/2 Tbsp. flax seed oil*

1.  Roughly chop apple, banana and strawberries.

2.  Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

*If you have a hard time finding any of these ingredients, try Whole Foods or a local health food store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips