Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chippety Chippers

Austin and I make chocolate chip cookies very differently and neither of us really likes the way the other one makes them. (Sorry :/)

He uses shortening, I use butter.  He uses lots of chocolate chips, I prefer fewer.  I add chopped pecans, he's allergic to tree nuts.
Hey, that reminds me of that song, "Let's call the whole thing off!"  And, believe it or not, sometimes I'm even willing to compromise and do half butter, half Crisco.

With Austin gone though, I just use all butter, all the time.  (Don't be thinking that he's not using all shortening all the time out there in California!)

These cookies would fulfill both of our needs in a cookie too.  They have tons of chocolate chips (milk, semisweet, white & peanut butter!), all butter and no nuts.  If you're tallying, yes, I'm still coming out ahead :)
CHIPPETY CHIPPERS
2 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. honey
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c, semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter chips

1.  Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

2.  Cream butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and honey.  Add eggs one at a time.  Stir in vanilla.

3.  Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

4.  Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at  325˚ for 18-20 minutes.  Cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips