Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy Hour: Kiwi Grapefruit Cooler

Maybe you've noticed (I hope you haven't though) that my posting schedule has gotten a little wonky lately.  I'm going to blame that on starting a new job.  And that's partly true.  Another part of the problem is that is stays light so late!  I go from eating dinner straight to being late for bed - seriously, how does that happen?!

I've always wanted to be one of those bloggers that's super organized and has posts scheduled into 2015, but I'm not.  I might have the recipe and photos (some of the time), but I don't have the post ready until the second that it's published.
If you know me, this might surprise you.  I am totally neurotic about scheduling and organization.

This week, I decided that this needs to change.  I need to get my blog as OCD as the rest of my life.  So, every Friday (I'm gonna try), I'll be posting a series of "Happy Hour" posts.  I'm counting on you to figure out what the subject matter will be - because, you know, you're not stupid.

That being said, I'm not going to promise that every recipe will have alcohol in it.  (With a preggers sister, I might also have some mocktails in an effort to be inclusive!)  But this kiwi grapefruit cooler is definitely a bit boozy - Happy Friday!

KIWI GRAPEFRUIT COOLER
1/2 kiwi
1 oz. ruby red vodka (Absolut)
1/2 oz. Malibu (coconut flavored rum)
ice
tonic water

1.  In the bottom of a highball glass, muddle 1/2 a kiwi fruit.

2.  Pour in grapefruit vodka and Malibu.

3.  Fill glass with ice and top with tonic water.  Garnish with a slice of kiwi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips