Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July Cocktail Roundup

 Kraken Cocktail
Here in Park City, the 4th of July has almost nothing to do with patriotism or celebrating America.  It's really all about drinking.  It's one of the few days when it's 'accepted' to start drinking at 9 a.m. to get ready for the parade and continue...well, as long as you can.

I shouldn't say it has nothing to do with 'Merica.  30 racks of cheap beer seems pretty American and there are a lot of cutoff jorts.  But, beyond that...

I've pretty much sworn off the cheap beer now (I like to think I'm a little classier than that), so I make myself fruity cocktails and drink them out of a water bottle as I watch our little local parade run down Main Street.

Here are a few of my favorites:
Blackberry Mint Margaritas
Naturally sweet and refreshingly minty Blackberry Mint Margs
 Easy Like Sunday Morning
Every 4th should be Easy Like Sunday Morning, don't you think?
 Beet Bloody Mary
Beet Bloody Mary: An acceptable a.m. cocktail.
 The Applesauce
It's going to be hot, you should probably make a pitcher of 'The Applesauce' - I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'.
 Strawberry Mojito
Usually, Austin makes a boozy lemonade with shredded-up-something that looks like grass - Strawberry Mojitos are along the same vein, but fancy!
 Outlaw Lemonade
Outlaw Lemonade - drinking this at a public event actually is outlawed (at least in Utah), but we should all live a little!
Watermelon Agave Juleps
And finally, nothing quite says summer like Watermelon (Agave Juleps).

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips