Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Grilled Onion and Arugula Pizza

I'm on a mission to make myself like arugula.  I think it would make me a better person.  It seems to me that people who really know what they're doing in life, all like arugula and I want to be a person that knows what I'm doing in life.
Sure, you might be thinking, that's a false correlation (or more likely no correlation at all), but I'm a pretty superstitious person, so I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Problem is, I really don't like the taste of it.  Sitting down with a big bowl of the dark green, leafy, peppery stuff just doesn't appeal to me at all.
Luckily, I found out that I really do like it when it's cooked.  Especially when it's cooked on top of pizza sauce, grilled onions and melted mozzarella cheese!

GRILLED ONION & ARUGULA PIZZA
olive oil
1 pizza crust (I buy mine from Whole Foods)
canned or homemade pizza sauce
handful arugula
1 yellow onion
1 ball fresh mozzarella

1.  Slice onion.  In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil.  Add the onions and a pinch of salt.  Cook over medium heat until all the onions are carmelized.  Remove from heat and cool.

2.  Brush a cookie sheet with a little bit of olive oil then spread the dough out to cover the base of the cookie sheet.

3.  Top dough with a few spoonfuls of sauce then pile on the arugula and grilled onions.  Sprinkle the grated, fresh mozzarella over the top.

4.  Bake at 450˚ for 15-20 minutes - until the crust is golden brown and all the cheese is melted.  Let cool a few minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips