Friday, April 18, 2014

Egg Salad BLT

Easter is this Sunday, and while I'm not dying eggs this year, I do always like to hard boil a few eggs so I can have some egg salad in the coming week.  Obviously, I could make egg salad any time of the year, but it just doesn't seem to happen.

I need some inspiration, I guess.
If you're like me and you need a little push, here's an idea for you: egg salad BLT's.  Bacon and eggs in sandwich form can't be bad.  Also, maybe you're kind over the basics.  You've exhausted deviled eggs and you need something new.  

If you have a favorite egg salad recipe, use that, I've added mine after the break.  Happy Easter!

EGG SALAD BLT (makes 6)
9 eggs, hard boiled
1/4 c. +/- mayonnaise
1-2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. paprika
salt & pepper
12 slices toast
12 slices bacon, cooked
2 tomatoes, sliced
iceberg lettuce

1.  Peel eggs and place in a medium bowl.  With a knife, cut through the eggs until they are all chopped up small.

2.  Stir mayonnaise, mustard, worcestershire sauce, paprika and salt & pepper into the eggs.  Adjust seasonings to taste.  It also helps to start with less mayo then gradually add more so you don't overdo it.

3.  Assemble sandwiches: spoon a generous amount of egg salad on 6 slices of bread, top with lettuce, 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of bacon (broken in half).  Top with second slice of toast and cut in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips