Friday, July 26, 2013

Strawberry Mojito

I've been thinking a lot about quarter-life crises lately.  It's a real thing, I swear, BuzzFeed is confirming it for me every day.
You know what else is confirming it for me?  Facebook.  Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want to get married or have kids like all of the people I went to high school with are doing, but I'm not gonna lie - I wouldn't mind the honeymoon bit.  Whenever, I go to my feed, I see lots of tanned toes digging into the sand, some people are snorkeling and SCUBA diving, others are doing zip line tours through the rain forest.

Not a single one of them looks hot and sweaty.  No one looks tired or run down.  Everyone just looks completely radiant.
So I guess I'm not really asking for a honeymoon, but I could go for a beach vacation.  Just an easy read, a fruity cocktail, the sand and the waves.  

I really really like living in the mountains and I try to take advantage of all of the things Colorado has to offer, but there is just nothing quite as relaxing as the beach.  And there's only so much pretending you can do.  Only so many fruity drinks you can consume.


STRAWBERRY MOJITO
2 oz. white rum
1 1/2 oz. simple syrup
soda water
1 oz. lime juice
3 strawberries
5 sprigs mint

1.  Muddle strawberries, mint, and simple syrup in the bottom of your glass.

2.  Add ice, rum, and lime juice.

3.  Top with soda water and garnish with a mint sprig or half a strawberry.

2 comments:

Blogging tips