Monday, July 29, 2013

Peaches 'N Cream Smoothie

Are you the type of person that will listen to a song on repeat for a week straight until you never want to hear it again, or are you the type that exercises restraint and only allows yourself to listen to your new favorite every once in a while, so you'll still like it a month from now?
Austin and I were talking about this yesterday.  He was complaining about how the radio ruins every good song because they latch on and overplay it until you hate it and have no choice but to change the station.  I, on the other hand, want to hear it again and again and again.  You literally can't play it enough.

Right now I have a playlist on Spotify with 20 songs and I will continue to listen to this mix until I know and hate every word of each song.  I'm not going to mix it up at all.  And in 6 months or a year when I hear Same Love again, I will sing along and love it all over again.

I do the exact same thing with food.
For a month straight, I'll eat nothing but popcorn and smoothies.  Eventually, I'll burn out and move onto my next pattern.  And about every 6 months, the rotation starts again.

I realize that I have posted a lot of smoothie recipes on this blog and that's because I get in a kick and am forced to innovate with ingredients on hand.  You're also forced to innovate when you buy a whole flat of peaches at Costco and there are only two of you to eat them.
Sidenote: Every time I see peaches at Costco, I will think of the time Austin and I were shopping at the Northern Virginia Costco and we watched this woman walk up to the cardboard stacks, grab a single peach, put it in her purse and walk with determination to the doors.  I think that was the tipping point - that was when I knew for sure we needed to leave DC.
PEACHES 'N CREAM SMOOTHIE
1 peach
2 bananas, frozen
1/4 c. plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla

1.  Place all ingredients in your blender.  Blend until smooth.  Add ice if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips