Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cherry Banana Smoothie

I've been out of town for a few days (sorry for the lack of posts), and it's been great.  Really, really great.  I got to spend time with my family and Austin's family.  I visited with old friends, ate really good food, and watched a lot of fireworks.
And now, it's back to eating at my desk, staring at a computer screen, and missing the drier, cooler air of home.

Everyone always says you need a vacation after a vacation and I've always kind-of thought that was greedy.  Now that I'm home though, all I want is to not have an agenda.  I want to spend my mornings slowly drinking my coffee and reading a book.  When people ask me, "What are you going to do today?"  I want to be able to say, "I don't know - don't have any plans."
I guess I could pretend like I'm on vacation by enjoying a fruity smoothie and taking my time to get ready in the morning.  I know, I know - it's not the same!  Hope you had a great 4th of July (if you're an American reader and know what I'm talking about)!!


CHERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
1 banana
1 c. cherries (pitted)
2 drops almond extract
1/4 c. plain greek yogurt
5 ice cubes

1.  Blend all ingredients until smooth.

6 comments:

  1. hi sarah
    When you retire, you will be able to do just that if you so desire.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly what I want! I just wish I could retire really really young ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm all for cherry and banana smoothies! Your recipe looks great though, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Please let me know what you think. Normally, I'm not a huge cherry fan but when they're fresh it's a whole different story!

      Delete
  3. Nom-nom-nom! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think, Alana! xo Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips