Monday, July 22, 2013

Salmon Tacos

You know how a lot of vegetarians actually eat fish.  So they're not really vegetarians, they're pescetarians.  I am the exact opposite of that.  I eat all meat except fish.  All seafood really.  I'll attribute this to the fact that I grew up in two land-locked states, but in actuality, I just don't like it.
Somewhere along the way, I got the idea that fish was going to taste completely different than what it does taste like.  I always think it should be sweet and buttery - maybe because when people say flaky, I instantly flash to thoughts of croissants.  

Either way, I don't like it.  Austin, on the other hand, loves it.  So, in an effort to be a better girlfriend, I will try it.  As long as I don't have to actually cook it, I can usually make it through a few bites.  After two or three mouthfuls, I've had all I can handle.  
The exception is these fish tacos...I can eat a few of these.  I think it's now safe to say that I like all tacos.  Probably anything is good on a tortilla right?
SALMON TACOS (vary quantities to serve as many as needed)
salmon
olive oil
salt & pepper
corn tortillas
shredded cabbage (or cole slaw mix)
red wine vinegar
ranch dressing
sriracha
lime wedge

1.  Preheat a cast iron skillet.  While the skillet is heating up, drizzle olive oil over both sides of the salmon.  Rub in salt and pepper. 

2.  Cook salmon for 2 1/2 minutes each side (for salmon about 1 inch thick) - check for doneness.  

3.  In the same skillet, fry up your corn tortillas on both sides.

4.  Top tortillas with salmon, cabbage, and a splash of red wine vinegar.  Drizzle with ranch dressing and sriracha.  Top with a lime wedge.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I can pretty safely guarantee these are much better than plane food :D

      Delete
  2. I might be going a little pin-crazy on your blog today... Your photography is stellar and your recipes sound wondrous. I just can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin away, Alana! Pin away! I'm so grateful when people spread the word about my recipes and my blog :) Also, thank you for the kind words about my photography - I am always working on it to improve. xo Sarah

      Delete

Blogging tips