Friday, May 24, 2013

Watermelon Agave Julep

What do you have planned for this weekend?  I hope you have Monday off.  If you're not traveling, I hope you're at last planning on to sit outside (maybe on a beach...ok, poolside), drink a cocktail, eat watermelon.  Relax.  Three-day weekends are for relaxing.  Or escaping.  You choose.

Since I'm lazy, I like to accomplish as many tasks as I can at once.  So naturally, I put my watermelon in my cocktail.
On Monday, Austin and I are racing in the Bolder Boulder 10k.  It's the first foot race we've ever done and I'm nervous.  I was feeling positive about it until last weekend when I got sick.  Now I'm nervous.  But I paid my $50, so I'm going to go run 6.2 miles Monday morning, and afterwards, I've got a date with a cocktail at a poolside barbeque.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!



WATERMELON AGAVE JULEP
2 oz. tequila
2 chunks watermelon
5 mint leaves
1 tsp. sugar

1.  Muddle watermelon, mint and sugar in the bottom of a wine glass.  Add crushed ice to fill glass.  Top with tequila.

2.  Stir and garnish with mint sprig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips