Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pistachio Pesto Fettuccine

I did my first foot race yesterday.  Actually this was the first race (of any kind) I've done since freshman year of high school when I was on the swim team.  I forgot how people cheering could actually get you pumped for something.  Wouldn't it be nice if people were always cheering you on?  Like when you're grinding your way through  a tough project at work, or when you're having a hard time getting out of bed to make it to the gym?  I guess it would probably lose it's mystique if that were the case.
But then again, if every day of your life was like game day or race day, that would give you an excuse to carbo-load all the time.

Austin and I didn't carbo-load before the 10k yesterday, unless you count eating chocolate chip cookies as carbo-loading.  Maybe if we had, I wouldn't have been so scared that I was going to pass out right after the finish line.  I heard that 125 people had to be assisted by the paramedics at some point during the race (mostly due to the heat) - I really didn't want to be one of those people.
Next time, I'll eat this before I go.



PISTACHIO PESTO FETTUCCINE
1 lb. fettuccine
1 lemon
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley (packed)
1/4 c. shelled, unsalted pistachios
1/3 c. parmesan
1 garlic clove
3 Tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper

1.  Cook pasta according to package instructions.

2.  While pasta is cooking, combine cream and zest of lemon in a small saucepan.  Heat over medium-low until hot (do not let it boil).

3.  Place parsley, nuts, cheese and garlic in food processor.  Add lemon juice.  Stream in olive oil while the food processor is running to make the pesto.

4.  Place pesto in a large serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.  Stir in the hot cream mixture, then add the hot pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips