Thursday, August 9, 2012

Super Simple Lemonade (or Lemon Drop!)

Last night, I cranked my oven up to 500˚, which I know is crazy since it was already above 90˚ outside.  Who in their right mind would do that?
Only crazy people do that.

But, I wanted to make a cheesecake and this cheesecake has some pretty specific baking instructions.  Temperatures change partway through, the cake sleeps in the oven overnight.  It's a process.  And it makes the most delicious cheesecake you'll ever eat!
You might wonder why I'm talking about cheesecake when this post is for a lemonade/lemon drop recipe.  Well, apparently my oven doesn't like to get that hot.  It let me know it's feelings by filling up the house with smoke, setting off alarms, and generally stinking up the place.
So today, I'm giving it a break.  Here is a recipe that requires no oven or stove.  It's so easy, you'll never buy lemonade again.
And if you'd like, add a little vodka to the mix and have yourself a cocktail!  After almost burning down the neighborhood last night, I think that's exactly what I deserve!

LEMONADE/LEMON DROP (on the rocks)*
3 lemons, cut into wedges
1 c. sugar
water
vodka, optional*

1.  In a medium mixing bowl, combine lemons and sugar.  With a muddler or pestle, smash up all the lemons, getting as much juice out as possible.

2.  Strain into pitcher (makes about 1.5 quarts).  Add cold water (and ice) to fill container.

3.  Rub a lemon wedge around the edge of glass, dip in fine sugar.  Fill glass with ice.  Pour lemonade over the top and garnish with a thin slice of lemon.

*For the Lemon Drop, omit the water.  In each glass pour 1/2 oz. vodka over ice then top with strained lemon juice/sugar mixture.

8 comments:

  1. That looks so refreshing! Thanks so much for linking up to Thursday food Fest. Smiles, the other Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I think there's a saying in there somewhere :)

      Delete
  3. Just caught up on your posts! You have been busy in the kitchen and your pics are great! And this drink (with the vodka) looks heavenly after a long hot day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! I moved and haven't been working (in the traditional sense) so I've had a lot of time to try out new recipes! And yes, with vodka - it's delicious :)

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, this lemonade seems strangely familiar....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks for the tip - I tried adding more lemon than it suggested and less water...and the vodka is a nice addition!

      Delete

Blogging tips