Friday, August 3, 2012

Pineapple Margaritas

On my facebook page the other day, I asked, "is it ok to make a cocktail at 3 o'clock in the afternoon if it's 'for work?'"  And quite frankly, I was surprised how many people condoned my day drinking.  
It's not like I was tailgating.  It wasn't a holiday or even my birthday.  This was just a normal Wednesday.  
I take that to mean, a lot of you out there have had a rough week at work.  So this is your Friday night treat!  Let's see if we can make it to 5:00!
PINEAPPLE MARGARITAS
coarse salt
chili powder
1 c. tequila
1 c. pineapple juice
1/2 c. fresh lime juice
1 1/2 Tbsp. agave nectar
ice

1.  Rub the rims of 4 glasses with lime then dip in coarse salt mixed with chili powder.

2.  In a martini shaker, add ice.  Pour tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice and agave over the top.  Shake and strain into the glasses.




4 comments:

  1. Maybe you should be in charge of cocktails at the shore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok! I'll have to learn some drinks that can be made by the pitcher-ful though :) Sangria in a bucket maybe!?

      Delete
  2. Looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super refreshing and summery and the sweetness is balanced out by the chili powder!

      Delete

Blogging tips