Sunday, August 19, 2012

Little Cheddar Meatloaves

There's this game that I really like to play.  My sister, Darcie introduced me to it a few years ago and basically you ask people questions about their favorite foods but you word it in this way: "If you had to eat one [type of vegetable/thing for dinner/pizza topping] for the rest of your life, what would it be?"

The wording is important because it's not just your favorite food, it's the food that could eat a million times and still never get sick of it.  
For me, fruit is easy.  Peaches.  You can make scones and pies and cobblers out of peaches.  You can eat them sliced or whole or peeled or poached.  You can do anything with a good peach.

Vegetable: Sweet Potatoes.  Again, so many things you can do with a sweet potato, plus they're just perfect all by themselves!
Dinner?  Dinner is much harder for me.  There are a lot of things that I really like to eat for dinner, but every. single. night?  

When I asked Austin the same question, he didn't even hesitate before saying, "Meatloaf!"  

I'm telling you, this game tells you a lot about people.

I have to say though, it's a good choice.
LITTLE CHEDDAR MEATLOAVES
Recipe from Alton Brown
1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. quick-cooking oats
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
2/3 c. ketchup
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. mustard

1.  In a large mixing bowl, combine (with your hands, works best) ground beef, egg, milk, cheese, oats, onion and salt.

2.  Shape into 8 mini loaves and place in a greased 9x13" dish.  

3.  Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard then spoon over the meatloaves.

4.  Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160˚.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! They really are that good - I don't know about eating it EVERY day but I could eat it often enough!

      Delete
  2. I like these a lot! I should make these again sometime soon. I ran out of my freezer meal meatloaves so I should make these next time to freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and then, don't let austin come over :)

      Delete
    2. I'd share with him.....Reed is a bit of a problem also. He likes them A LOT.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday: Meatloaf. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips