Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy National Pie Day

How come I didn't know that it was National Pie Day until this morning?  I totally would have stayed home and baked instead of trudging through the "freezing mist" to get to work this morning.

Maybe tonight, after teaching yoga, I will be really motivated to make the miniature cherry pies (in a jar) that I have had pinned for a while.

In the meantime, if you have some time today, I highly recommend you celebrate this totally legit holiday.  Throw some ice cream on top, kick your feet up, watch some horrible reality TV (I'm lookin' at you Bachelor), and enjoy.

If you're looking for recipe ideas, don't forget to try these out:

You can take this Pie Crust and fill it with whatever you want, and if you're drawing a blank - no worries...try one of these:

Apple Pie
Ice Cream Pie (for Southern readers only!)
Quiche (for those that are still sticking to their New Year's resolutions)
Pumpkin Pie
Keylime Pie

6 comments:

  1. The Bachelor is in Park City tonight. You can have pie and watch some of home. I'm not watching it. I just want to be clear so you don't think I watch this dumb show. I know this because I am up on PC gossip and they were at Canyons last week - not because I'm up on Bachelor gossip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suuuure! Are they there the whole season or just for Sundance?

      Delete
    2. They were there just before Sundance....And apparently they were a stupid bunch of girls. (Not surprising) But they stayed at The Waldorf so they had a nice vacation....and probably some really tasty breakfasts at the hotel.

      Delete
    3. I watched it! I got really bored at work one day and started watching it...look at what has become of my life! I mean, I know 'The Biggest Loser' is bad, but this is an all-time low...even for me.

      Delete
  2. So many pies!! I may have to celebrate this day as well! Keylime it is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so bummed that I didn't make it home in time to make a pie the other night...how did the keylime go?

      Delete

Blogging tips