Friday, January 13, 2012

Birthday Cake!

Ever since I can remember, my mom has made my birthday cake for me.  Every year it is the same (except for that one year when I really wanted purple (read: brown) icing...that one didn't get repeated) white cake, lemon filling, white butter cream frosting with pink flowers and green leaves.

When I was little, I would eat all the cake out first and save the icing (a.k.a. "The Best Part") for last.  Now, I have a different system.  It's pretty scientific...hard to describe, but it results in an even distribution of cake and icing throughout the entire piece.  Absolute perfection!

Today, I am turning 24...I'm kind of freaking out about it (In the, I'm-getting-older-and-I-have-no-clue-what-I-want-to-do-with-my-life kind of way!), but I'm not even going to try to replicate my mom's cake...I'll have a milkshake instead!

I'll post another recipe or 2 this weekend, but for now you can just look at pictures of the cake I made for Austin back in September.
Have a great 3 day weekend!

p.s. If you want to make this cake, click here for the recipe for the icing and the cake is just from a box!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 24th! it's a great year and way less scary than 25!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Too bad it's only going to get worse huh?! :)

      Delete
    2. At least it's not 30.....Now that was a rough birthday.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that one either! Maybe by then, I'll know what I want to do "when I grow up" though :)

      Delete

Blogging tips