Friday, January 6, 2012

Bacon Waffles

You're not on a diet right?  Let's not do that.  Let's just eat what we want. 

Then go to yoga.

You'll never be happy eating egg beaters. 
You know what would be better?  Beat your own egg whites and add them to some butter, flour, and some other things and make some waffles!  Oh!  Let's add some bacon to the mix too :)
BACON WAFFLES
Recipe from Wolfgang Puck

1 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. sugar
8 T. butter, melted
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 c. milk
3 eggs, separated
8 slices bacon, cooked

1.  Mix up your dry ingredients.  Add butter, vanilla, milk and egg yolks.

2.  In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks (foamy).
3.  Fold bacon into batter.
4.  Fold egg whites into batter.

5.  Pour ~3/4 c. into waffle maker.  Bake for 5 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I am with you (except the bacon part (; veggie here). +More yoga, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE BACON! Especially in waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok fine Alyssa, you can make yours without...but don't put any of that fake butter in there! That's where I draw the line.

    I don't think I love butter as much as you do Miss, but I love it quite a bit still :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't say I love butter. I said I love bacon. I love butter, too. But not like bacon. And by the way, you should have given me a little credit for introducing you to this recipe....

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips