Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Twenty Eleven

Everyone else out there with a blog is doing one of those "year in review" posts this week.  I was thinking, hey I want on that bandwagon!  Then I started thinking about it and realized that I didn't have a book published.  I didn't speak at a blogging conference.  I didn't even get a puppy this year.  I don't have any pictures to show you.  But really, I did quite a bit this year, even if I didn't get a million followers on Call Me Fudge.

I moved all the way across the country:

I graduated from college (technically December 2010, but I walked in May 2011):
Gage (Austin's brother) graduated from high school:
I dipped my toes in the sand, walked through Central Park, and climbed in the Red and New River Gorges:
I learned how to make butter:
I went on the trip of a lifetime (an African Safari):
I bought my first car:
I went to professional sporting events:
I survived a hurricane...and an earthquake:
And I ended the year out in the woods, enjoying the silence:
There were so many things to be grateful for this year.  I hope you had a great 2011, and best wishes for the new year!

4 comments:

  1. I think the safari was the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right...I don't think it could have been any better. Actually it would have been better if Dad didn't get hurt, but I would leave the flood still :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, if I were you, I would be so excited to start another year! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much "anonymous" :) I am hoping that 2012 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips