Monday, September 22, 2014

Oreo Malted Milkshake

School is back in session.  I know this not because I have kids, but because everyone at the office is sick.

It's the type of sickness that spreads quickly and hits hard like only a schoolyard sickness can do.

Anyway, a food blog is not the place to talk about illnesses, but that did remind me of after school snacks.

We didn't really get after school snacks when I was little (probably because we ate dinner so early), but once I was in middle school, my friend and I would help ourselves to the contents of the pantry and fridge.
We'd serve ourselves big bowls of Kraft macaroni and cheese and follow that with Oreos.

A lot of Oreos.

The 2 of us could easily eat a box in a sitting.

So, it's really not much of a surprise that sometimes I come home from work and make myself a big Oreo Malted Milkshake, sit down on the couch and slurp up the whole thing.

OREO MALTED MILKSHAKE
3-4 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 oreos
heaping Tbsp. malt
1/4 c. milk

1.  Blend it all together in a milkshake maker or pulse in a blender until smooth.  Top with another Oreo for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips