Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Caprese Picks

The first time I went to Europe, I ate a lot of caprese sandwiches.  Mostly because they're delicious and also because they're cheap.

We were traveling around for about a month and I needed to save my money for more important things than food.  Things like alcohol and Ritter Sport.  (I was 18 at the time, although I don't think my priorities have changed much.)
The nice thing about Europe though is that you can buy a very cheap caprese sandwich and it will still be on some of the best bread you've ever eaten.

And, I still like a caprese anything.  Caprese sandwich.  Caprese Salad.  Caprese on a toothpick.  It's all good.

CAPRESE PICKS
cherry tomatoes
mozzarella balls (or slices)
fresh basil
balsamic reduction

1.  Skewer the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Arrange on a platter.

2.  Drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Optional: sprinkle with salt & pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips